Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Road Trip 2010- Part 2

After we went Boston, we headed up to Bar Harbor, Maine. I had heard that this place was beautiful and the reports were not wrong. It was such a cute harbor town with beautiful views of the water. We stopped at the local grocery store, grabbed some lunch food and went to rent bikes. We then rode our bikes to Arcadia National Park. To get to the park, you have to ride up a steep hill. Now, I'm still going to claim that the gears on my bike were messed up, but Dan would argue otherwise. Either way, I thought that I was going to die right on that hill. I'm not Miss Fitness, but I also am not that out of shape. I just could not get up the hill no matter how hard I pedaled! Once we finally made it, things got a bit better. The park has lots of bridges that you can ride to, so we scouted out a few of those and found a nice spot to eat our lunch. We didn't stay too long, but long enough to have a nice ride and get a feel for the park. We headed back into town to return our bikes, walked around the town and then headed to St. John, New Brunswick.



Nothing exciting in St. John- just a place to stay the night and have dinner at.



In the morning, we started our drive to PEI (Prince Edward Island). I was very excited about this part of our trip since we were going to visit the Anne of Green Gables' house. I love those books and movies! We also got ice cream at a delightful place called COWS and went to see Inception at a movie theater by our hotel.



Our next stop was Halifax. We have a friend that is living there right now, so we were excited to see her. We went shopping and drove around a bit until she was out of work and then we headed to her apartment. She picked out an awesome restaurant to eat at and we ate some more ice cream...who can ever have too much ice cream?



The next two days were a lot, A LOT of driving! But it wasn't as horrible as I had anticipated. The first long day we drove from Halifax to Quebec City. We made decent time and were able to get to Quebec City with enough time to explore the city at night. I was expecting to like this city as much as I did, but I loved it. It was so fun and different! We walked around in the Old City and looked at Le Chateau.


The next day was our drive to pick up Winston and visit with Dan's family...then, we went back home. If you missed part one, you can read it here.

There's one more post coming about our road trip...border presents...I'll leave you in anticipation. :)

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity