Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Things I've done instead of blogging...

I really thought I'd have more time to blog since I've had a few days off of school, but instead these things happened:

1. I became a baker. I don't cook or bake. My mom really never did and I apparently take after her. But lately I've gotten an urge to bake things. Maybe it's the holiday season where everyone is baking millions of cookies. I don't know. I do know though that in the last 2 days, I have made brownies, a triffle, porcupine balls, a two-layer cake, cinnamon rolls, and now my husband has just called requesting cupcakes for his birthday.

2. Walgreens photo center happened. Seriously, I have spent hours at Walgreens with my mom in the last few days trying to download and order wedding photos. That machine is the slowest thing! Picture pops up, wait...wait...wait....wait....wait...wait...oh, oh, a triangle showing an error...wait...wait...wait...wait...wait...wait...wait...wait...picture!...wait...wait...

3. Snow! I'm so happy that it is going to be a white Christmas this year! But, snow also means that it takes twice as long to get to the mall. It also means that we have been experiencing the joys of owning a home and having to shovel the inches of snow off our driveway. Did I mention that our driveway is more of a hill and it has brick walls on both sides?

4. Dan's Birthday. Happy Birthday to him today! The big 2-6! I love birthdays and trying to find ways to make his birthday special this year as consumed some time. I woke up and made him breakfast this morning- which is strange since I don't cook- see #1 and he really doesn't like breakfast. However, it was appreciated nevertheless. I spent about a half-hour trying to find the perfect card for him last night. I always have a problem finding the right card- anybody else? It always seems like the card says way too much or not enough.

5. and of course, Christmas is coming! We are busy trying to pack for Christmas celebrations, wrapping gifts, and double checking the mail for the last minute gifts to arrive! Only 2 more days!

Perhaps after Christmas, blogging more will happen. For now, I'm off to sneak into school to try to find my camera. Cross your fingers that it is there somewhere!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

You have been busy! I need to get to Walgreens photo ASAP for some printing of weekend photos. My scrapbooking is falling behind...

Elyse said...

What a list...you have been busy! Have fun with your days off :)
~Elyse~

Lindsey said...

You have been very productive! Fun! That reminds me...I need to get to Walgreens because I still have not printed wedding pictures!

Tabbie:) said...

Sounds like you have been having a GREAT time!!!

I think you did great for your hubby's birthday!!!

Hope you find your camera and have a Very Merry Christmas!!

Tabbie:) said...

PS...try CVS I like their machine, also Shutterfly...they will mail the photos to you.

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity