Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Longest Week Ever

Do you ever have those weeks where they just never seem to end?

I don't know if it was my lack of sleep or my class that has spring fever or the long, hot rehearsals for Grandparent's Day.

All I know was that it was a long week.

I thought I was going to lose it when I had to make sure 75 kids were quietly waiting in the 80 degree gym. I really thought I was going to lose it when one of my students insisted on doing the opposite of whatever I said. And the cherry on top was when I had to stand out in my flip flops in the pouring rain to greet the parents as they dropped of their students.

And yet, God seemed to be pushing me along so that I could make it through the week.

He reminded me of how much I really do love my students as I watched them sing their hearts out.

He reminded me that I am appreciated when I found a note from one of my students on my desk.

He reminded me of the blessings family brings as I greeted proud grandparents into our classroom.

And He reminded me that there is always a new day waiting and a gift of forgiveness when one of my students called me on Saturday morning to apologize to me.

Tomorrow begins a new week. I bet it's going to be a good one. :)

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity