Saturday, January 22, 2011

Cooking is NOT my Forte

Needless to say to those who know me, cooking is just not really my thing. Regardless, my friends and I had a "freezer meal cooking night" last week. Which is actually awesome because now I have quite a few meals hiding out in my freezer!

This year we decided to each bring two recipes and the ingredients for those recipes.
*Note to self: try out the recipes before you bring them!

I searched the internet and found a recipe for peanut butter chocolate chip muffins and macaroni and cheese.
And, I received this cute little recipe book from my mother-in-law for Christmas:


Isn't it cute!? It has a lot of their family recipes written in it which I love!
So, anyways (I promise this is going somewhere) it has a recipe for Cauliflower Soup in it. Dan really wanted me to make this and thought it would be a great recipe to bring, so I did.


We cooked at my friend Sheri's house and made Kara and her recipes first.
They had great recipes for Taco Soup, Chicken Alfredo Lasagna, Chili and Stuffed Shells.
We took a break for dinner and brought some meals over to our friend Annie's house since she wasn't feeling well. Then, we continued on. It was time for my recipes.


Let's just say it being 10:00pm and doubling a recipe that involves a lot of liquid is not just the best idea. Especially when you don't really know how the food is supposed to look. However, we made it. The soup looked a bit runny, but I didn't really know how it was supposed to look and the mac n' cheese just made a ton of mac n' cheese.

Home I went with all my goodies.

The next morning, Dan is looking at his phone and
sees that his dad sent him a text-
"Call us about the Cauliflower Soup. Something is wrong with the recipe."
(We had called his mom earlier to ask about an ingredient.)
Um, too late now?
Apparently the soup is supposed to be creamy, not runny, so something did go wrong, but I'm still not sure what. Perhaps it was the fact that we were trying to warm things up in sections since we didn't have enough pans. :)


Don't worry though. I taste tested it the next night, before
anyone else had a chance to.
It is runny and probably not the best soup ever, but it is edible.

So anyone else want to sign up for making freezer meals with me?

2 comments:

Kerbi said...

How fun! I love the idea of a freezer meal cooking night!

Jules said...

That sounds like such a fun night and how sweet of you ladies to take dinner to your friend. I recently made taco soup and it was fantastic. I cannot wait to make it again.

That is too funny about the cauliflower soup. At least it’s edible!

I need to start doing some meal planning around these parts.

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity