Thursday, February 17, 2011

Teacher Talk- Management


I'm linking up today with Abby's Teacher Talk Thursday.
Today is all about management.

I don't consider myself an expert in this area at all,
but I can tell you what I do in my classroom. :)

I have a chart in my room that looks like this:


Each student has 5 red Velcro squares next to their name.
The 5 squares represent tickets that they will receive at the end of the week.
If they misbehave, they have to remove one of their squares
from the board. At the end of the week, I pass out their tickets.

They can buy all sorts of things with their tickets.
Pens, Lifesavers, plastic animals, stickers,
passes for no homework, sit by a friend, hot chocolate,
sit at the teacher's desk for a day and much more.

If they lose all of their tickets in one week, they have to write
a note home to their parents. This rarely happens.

My first year I tried passing out tickets when I saw
good behavior, but I had a hard time with it.
I don't know- it just didn't work for me.
And, you have to do what works for you.
That's probably one of the best pieces of advice that
I have received. Make your management plan yours.
This one works for me. It's simple, which I love.

I also have a marble jar in my classroom for whole class behavior.
When they fill it up we vote on what reward they would like.
I love planning their rewards! But I'll save that for another post.

In other exciting news...
I have a teacher blog!

School Day Love

I started it a little bit ago, but wanted to wait until
I had a few posts up to tell you about it.

And since those of you who aren't teachers are probably
a bit tired of reading (or ignoring) my teacher posts,
I can move them over there.
(Although, I'll probably still post some here too!)

I hope you'll come follow along!


1 comment:

AbbyS. said...

love that behavior plan. I have used so many over the years and that is correct. You have to make it work for you.
THANKS for sharing!

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity